I’m much more of a winter kinda gal than a summer one, I’ve always preferred layering up to stripping off but if I had to say one thing I love about summer coming around is that I love to splash out on some sunglasses. They cover dark bags, you don’t need to spend ages getting your eyeliner even and you can spend a really small amount and get a brilliant pair. It’s really important to work out your face shape before you spend the money on new sunnies. I’ve put together a simple guide on how to work out what suits you best, and my picks of the best sunglasses if you want to save, spend or splurge on them. Happy shopping!!
An oval face is defined by balanced features and a chin slightly narrower than the forehead.
– A large cat-eye frame is best for the oval face as this will accentuate and chisel cheekbones.
– Make sure that the arms don’t sit too low on your face if you are going for a square frame as this has the potential to elongated the face- an unnecessary factor for an oval face shape.
A round face is defined by a soft, circular shape where the width and length are almost equal.
– Go for a frame that is wider than you face.
– Stay away from round frames and opt for angular silhouettes instead. Square and rectangular frames fit the bill.
– Embellished and branded arms will accent a frame, giving a round face more definition.
A heart-shaped face is defined by a broader forehead and narrower jawline and chin.
– Cat-eyed frames will look great.
– Wrap-around frames work well in balancing out a diamond face shape.
– Rectangular frames will sit neatly on a heart shaped face, balancing out a pointed chin.
A square face is defined by strong, well-defined angles in the forehead, cheeks, and jawline.
– Rounded, aviator-shaped frame. oversized and curvy styles work well, while creams and neutral tones help to soften and subtly frame the face.
• If you have strong features, the bigger the better, whilst delicate features are better suited to the small to medium sized option.
• Stay away from heavy brow detailing if you want to soften your face shape.