We’re both lucky that we can wear pretty much what we want to work. No one could ever tell off a stylist for what they are wearing and so back in the day when I used to go out out and head to work hungover, I would occasionally be known for turning up in a onesie/something resembling my PJ’s. As long as you have one good shoes and a good bag you can pull off anything, I would tell myself!!
It’s easy enough if you can wear denim to work, but what happens if you need to be a little smarter (as Sam does when she has important meetings.) I’m partial to a suit with trainers (like the one I’m wearing above which can be found HERE) and Sam is all about a great blazer that instantly makes your outfit look smarter with it, like she’s done here with the outfit she’s wearing (which can be found HERE.)
To help you, I’ve put together a selection of work separates that you can incorporate into your wardrobe. Don’t just save them for work though, a great fitting blazer also looks good with a t shirt, skinny jeans and trainers.
1. Navy is so chic. Pair with the Finery cream top  , or tuck in a fitted white shirt . Also, no one would notice if you didn’t shave your legs! : Warehouse navy trousers
3. My new favourite suit, worn with trainers in the day and clash prints for a night out with leopard heels: Baukjen polka dot trouser &Baukjen polka dot jacket
4. Everyone needs a white shirt in their wardrobe: Marks & Spencer
6. Great investment piece, plus it’s on sale. Wear it with EVERYTHING (jeans, dresses, skirts) : Baukjen black jacket
7. No need to worry about what top goes with your trousers and vice versa with a jumpsuit. Wear a simple black vest under so you aren’t flashing any skin around your waist and pop a black or cream blazer on top. Add heels for a night out: Warehouse khaki jumpsuit.