Monochrome is something we often talk about (and wear.) It’s a really simple, effortless look which always looks chic and something you will never tire of. I’ve put together some monochrome pieces that work perfectly from summer but make sure you also have a rummage in your wardrobe as I’m sure there are some items of clothing hiding in there that you make you look on trend. Everyone has something polka dot hanging around in the back of their cupboard!!
Whether it’s buying a couple of key pieces so you have options when you have last minute dinner plans (or dinner plans that you put in the diary months ago, then forgot to book a babysitter and get an outfit for…) or if you want to jazz up your daily mum uniform to make you look (and feel) more put together then have a scroll through the below. There are some pieces including the best multi-tasking jumpsuit that is worth trying on as it will cover your mum tum, your mum bum, and some really lovely blouses that are a great addition to your wardrobe.
1. So flattering from so many angles -the v neck, the panels over your waist, the high rise – this is a winner. Wear it with trainers/sandals in the day or dress it up at night:Warehouse
2. A simple piece to jazz up your wardrobe, with a frill waist to hide whatever needs to be hidden:Topshop
3. Perfect for breastfeeding, and the frill will balance out your mum tum so that it doesn’t stand out as much:Warehouse
4. Don’t be scared of this!! If you have the legs then I hope you are flaunting them. Wear with a slogan t shirt and trainers for an alternative look to jeans:Topshop
5. This is a really slimming tops as the vertical stripes and the v neck draw the eye downwards and create length on your body:& Other Stories
6. The perfect black trousers that everyone needs in their wardrobe. High rise is the best fit for mums as they smooth out your stomach and elongate your legs. Tuck a blouse in if you need your legs elongating, or wear it un-tucked if you would rather hide your tummy. The bare ankle keeps everything in proportion:Monsoon
7. A lovely blouse to have in your wardrobe that will dress up any old pair of grubby jeans, and is timeless so you can keep it in your wardrobe forever:Anthropologie